I trust you have all had a good Easter Break and have enjoyed having your son home with you.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Turnbull family in Blenheim following the tragic passing of Jeremy Turnbull last Tuesday. We also think of the entire Blenheim and Marlborough community as the morn the loss but also celebrate Jeremy’s life. Kia Kaha.
As we draw close to the end of Term 1 there are a number of items that I would like to remind you of:
- Year 11 parents please note that the your son has a team building day on Sunday 8 April 2018 and ALL Year 11’s [Day and Boarders] in the boarding houses are expected to be part of this day. I will pass the details of the day on to the boys closer to the day.
- Year 8 Boarder Experience 8 to 9 April 2018. Two of our Year 9 boys will help with this programme and I will speak with them individually about the details for this programme which starts at 11am on Sunday 8 April 2018. I would like the rest of the Year 9 group to be back in the House before 5:30pm to join the Year 8’s for dinner in the Dining Hall.
- You are warmly invited to annual House Music Competition that will be taking place in the College Assembly Hall from 7 to 8:30pm on Thursday 12 April 2018. This is a great opportunity for you to hear the House in chorus as they sing their hearts out to impress the judges and hopefully take some silverware home! We will serve drinks and nibbles for parents and families of all the boarding houses from 5:30pm, the venue will be determined once we know the amount of people attending the function. We would love to see as many of you as possible at the evening, if you are able to attend please could you RSVP to me via email by 4pm on Thursday 5 April 2018.
- Friday 13 April 2018 – End of Term 1 and Parent, Student and Teacher Interviews for Year 9 – 13 boarders 3:30pm Warren Block. You should have received an email from College giving you a link to book interviews with your son’s subject teachers. If you have not received the information please can you let me know and I will follow up with Mrs Brigitte Morgan.
- Next term to celebrate Mother’s Day we will be hosting the School House Mother’s Day High Tea on Friday 11 May 2018 in the House Library from 3:30pm. All Mothers of School House should have received an invitation in the post, I have attached a digital copy if you haven’t received one. I need to confirm numbers with our caterers so please could you RSVP me by 4pm on Friday 4 May 2018. We look forward to celebrating our Mums.
- As mentioned above Term 1 ends on Friday 13 April and there will be a few sports teams involved in their competition and/or trials and there will also be boys that will only be travelling home on Saturday 14 April 2018. The House will be closed from 12pm on Saturday 14 April and re-opening at 4pm on Sunday 29 April 2018, all boarders will need to be back in the House by 8pm. For catering purposes please could you confirm via email by Monday 9 April 2018, if your son will be in on the night of Friday 13 April and/or for dinner at 5:30pm on Sunday 29 April 2018.
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the rowers and in particular those from School House who did an amazing job in Twizel at the National Rowing Regatta. College won five national titles which included the Boys U18 Coxed Eight who won the Maadi Cup. Well done gents!
Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you over the course of the next few weeks!